More than 57 million people will play fantasy sports this year, according to the Fantasy Sports Trade Association (FSTA). With fantasy football season underway, you need to make sure your game face is on and your line-up is set. If you have a team this season, or this is your first year playing, here are some tips for scoring a successful season:
1. Don’t receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Whether you’re playing in a formalized league or one the office football aficionado threw together, it’s important to know and follow the rules of your league. Just like the real deal, fantasy football has rules and regulations. Run afoul of those rules in a formalized league and you might be invited to leave, or at the very least, not come back next year. Mess up in the office and you’ll have to hear about it until you retire. Realize people will play with varying levels of commitment and proficiency, but everyone wants to have fun — and rules help make that possible.
2. Avoid fumbling your lineup. Once you have your lineup locked in for draft day, your player knowledge doesn’t stop there. Devote time each week to research your player’s strengths and weaknesses. You can rank players on many criteria, from last year’s performance to expert predictions of this year’s performance. Researching can help you get your best lineup each week to crush the competition. Whether you’re playing to win or just for fun, some preparation can help ensure you put together your dream team.
3. Score savings with an audible. More than a third of fantasy sports players primarily use their phones to track scores, follow teams, make lineup changes and communicate with others about their fantasy sport, according to the FTSA. That’s a lot of phone usage on-the-go that can potentially cause high overage charges. Switching to a more affordable plan can make your fantasy football season more cost efficient. Just in time for kick-off, Straight Talk Wireless is launching Straight Talk Plus(TM), giving customers even more options to save on their wireless service. Available exclusively at Walmart, Straight Talk Plus lets you get the latest smart phones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 for just about $1 a day. Just add our unlimited service plan with 5GB of high speed data (then 2G speeds) starting at just $45 per month to make sure you’re covered for all of those game-day lineup changes. Best of all, there is no contract on your smartphone or unlimited plan – letting customers cancel anytime with no activation fees or penalties.
4. Tackle Traditions. Every fantasy football league is different. It’s much more than just strictly about winning. This is a game that brings friends, roommates and colleagues together to participate alongside their favorite players each week. With this, the collective personalities and traditions between leagues can vary. Whether you’re new to the league or the reining champ, make sure you double check the scoring system and are aware of your league’s traditions.
5. Get caught up with sideline streaming. Remember, one does not simply pick a team and then stop paying attention. In fact, keeping track of how players on your team are performing in real life is what makes fantasy football exciting. Not everyone has time to watch every game their players are in, or even just the highlights. Consider downloading a fantasy football app for your smartphone to stream games, keep track of stats, scores, injuries and more. Straight Talk Wireless will help you have your data streaming needs covered.
Now you’re well on your way to a winning team and prepared for the season ahead. For more ways to save, visit www.StraightTalk.com.
This is a lease-to-own transaction – except in MN, NJ, WI, and WY where straight leases are offered. Well-qualified credit may be required to purchase. Smart Pay terms: Lease-to-own transaction for the Samsung Galaxy S7 total cost is $722.88 with 24 30-day payments plus any taxes and fees except in North Carolina where final payment may be more. No ownership until all payments made. May be able to exercise early purchase option. Retail cost of the Galaxy S7 is $599, subject to change. Customers may end lease and return phone at any time. Wireless service subject to Straight Talk Terms and Conditions. On the $45 Unlimited plan the first 5GB of data is at high speeds. After 5GB, speeds are reduced to 2G where streaming and audio may be affected. (BPT)