Romance is in the little things you do every day
Celebrate National Romance Month and Involve All of Your Senses When Thinking of Ways to Say ‘I Love You
Summer is in full swing and life is busier than ever. It is easy for couples to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget to be mindful and take time to work on their relationships. Showing the special person in your life that you care, doesn’t have to be showy or extravagant. It also doesn’t have to cost a lot or require extensive planning. There are little things we can do every day that say “you matter to me”.
In recognition of National Romance Month, GetYourPerfume.com has put together a few of these gestures; ideas of how to build a little romance into your life every single day, from the scent you wear to the little ways you can spend time together.
Check out these simple ideas:
● Holding hands — Just the simple act of touching can signal to your partner that you are present and engaged. Walk hand in hand to the neighborhood park and go on the swings or just sit on a bench and take in the sunset. It’s all about slowing down and enjoying each other’s company.
● Embrace technology and text a little romance — So often our communication is purposeful: “Pick up milk”, “Don’t forget Jack’s karate class”… How about texting something to make the person you love feel special? How about “I miss you and can’t wait to hug you later.”
● Leave a message ‘old school style’ — If texting isn’t your thing, leave a voicemail message on their phone, a post-it on the bathroom mirror or a note in their work or gym bag. Just a few words to say what they mean to you and how grateful you are to have them in your life.
● Stop by the local ice cream shop and share a sundae — What’s more romantic than one bowl and two spoons, with a side of sprinkles and a cherry on top? It’s nostalgic and creative, perhaps bringing you both back to the early days of your relationship and letting you enjoy the moment.
● Pack lunch for your love — Pack up their favorite foods, including a little something sweet, and stick in a note to remind them that you think they’re the bees knees. They say the way to a man’s heart is through their stomach but here’s a tip: most women will adore a lunch packed with love too!
● Go on a date without leaving the house — If you have young kids, this is a great way to enjoy your evening without the fuss and expense of a sitter. Light a few candles, lay out a little take out from a restaurant you both love, put on some soft music and stick a pint of the best ice cream that you both love so much in the freezer and you’ve got the makings for a lovely evening on the sofa. Throw on a mix that includes ‘your song’ and dance in the kitchen with the lights turned down low. You’ll never notice that you’re not out on the town.
● Don’t ignore the little things — You may not think that your partner’s new role at the office is anything more than a lateral move but celebrating even the smaller things in life is a superb reminder for both of you to find joy in the every day.
● Bragging rights — Do you think your partner is extraordinary when it comes to work, hobbies, their attitude or their style? Say so! Tell them. Tell your friends. Tell the world on Facebook. Your partner be thrilled that you think so well of them that you feel the need to share your thoughts with them and others.
● Gifts aren’t just for birthdays — Is that the new book she’s been wanting to read, in the store window? Surprise her with it. Does the gourmet food shop have that jam that he loves in stock? Get him some for breakfast. Take the time to remember the things they love, to show that you heard them when they were talking about it… they’ll be bowled over.
● Just like sharing activities helps to build romance, so does the scent you wear. If those who love you know that you’re in the room because you’re stuck in a rut and your signature scent precedes you, check out one of these romantic perfumes and throw them a curve. A subtle change to show your spontaneous side is nothing less than entrancing.
Just like sharing activities helps to build romance, so does the scent you wear. If you’re stuck in a rut with your signature scent, check out one of these romantic perfumes and spice up your love life.
- Nina Ricci L’Air Du Temps – You will love the spicy-floral blend of carnation, gardenia, and jasmine. The specially designed winged bottle is a romantic icon, and even the name —”the mood of the moment”—sparks romantic thoughts.
- Lancome Tresor – This fresh scent is built on a bouquet of apricot blossom, rose, lily of the valley, and lilac, then heats up
with iris, sandalwood, amber, and musk.
- Chanel Cristalle – Citrus scents are fresh and clean, this blend of Sicilian lemon, honeysuckle, hyacinth, and vetiver, takes romance to a whole new level.
- Estee Lauder Beautiful – Nothing says romance more than roses, with a mixture of rose, tuberose, jasmine, sandalwood, and amber, this fragrance hits every classic romantic note.
- Mademoiselle by Robert Piguet – If you want to feel sexy wear a floral woody musk. Infused with bergamot, almond and apricot with a note of orange blossom, this scent inspires romance.
- Gentleman by Givenchy for Men – This scent is comprised of multiple high and low notes including roses, woodsy, spices, and citrus fruits to make your man smell irresistible.
- Paradise Homme by Alfred Sung for Men - This incredible scent is a magical blend of rosemary, seat notes, papaya, anise and cardamom with soft notes of carnation and white amber. It is perfect for celebrating romantic moments.
- Arsenal Blue by Gilles Cantuel for Men – Is another wonderful scent for men. It comes in terrific spicy and aromatic notes. His scent will last through an evening of dancing and romancing.
- Guess Seductive Homme Blue – It is one of the most seductively addictive fragrances on the market for men. It’s irresistible sophisticated scent is comprises of citrus caviar, blue coral aquaspace, cardamom and black pepper. It is ideal for a special romantic interlude.
- Armani Code by Giorgio Armani for Men – This is high quality fragrance comes in blends of apple, lavender, cumin, citrus, and woods. It is recommended for creating a starry-eyed night of romance.
Let’s face it, chemistry plays a big part in our romantic lives. Adding a hint of perfume will entice your mate’s desire to be close to you and build on that connection. Fan the flame of your romance by trying out some new scents.
Get Your Perfume (http://www.getyourperfume.com) specializes in genuine designer fragrances, bath and body, cosmetics, skin care products and related gifts and accessories for men, women and children.